The Funny LOTR Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Church! Where do you stand? (Or perhaps sit :D )

3 posters

Go down

Church!  Where do you stand?  (Or perhaps sit :D ) Empty Church! Where do you stand? (Or perhaps sit :D )

Post by Jojoriah Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:07 am

So I thought, since we have at least one homeschooler here Very Happy .....Do you, did you or are you attending a Christian church? If so, what is its name and for how long have you been attending? And if not, why?

As for myself, I (with my family) have been attending a very small church in the Bay Area known as Reformed Heritage Church. We have been there for 5 years now.

Jojoriah
Troll

Back to top Go down

Church!  Where do you stand?  (Or perhaps sit :D ) Empty Re: Church! Where do you stand? (Or perhaps sit :D )

Post by Brendon Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:21 am

When I'm home, I attend a rather large church called Bethany Baptist. But I'm at college more often than not, so when I'm here I attend a foursquare church, and I also play guitar for one of the worship bands at a much larger foursquare church. Smile Which is fun.
Brendon
Brendon
Wizard Administrator

https://thefunnylotrpodcast.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Church!  Where do you stand?  (Or perhaps sit :D ) Empty Re: Church! Where do you stand? (Or perhaps sit :D )

Post by Jojoriah Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:43 pm

Forgive my ignorance....but what is a "foursquare church"?

Jojoriah
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendon Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:21 pm

"The Foursquare Church exists to glorify God and advance His kingdom. Jesus Christ's command is to preach the gospel and make disciples of all nations (Mark 16:15; Matthew 28:19). Therefore, we are "Dedicated unto the cause of inter-denominational and worldwide evangelism."* These words express our spirit and our focus."

Lol that's a short description! It's just another denomination.. Very Happy
Brendon
Brendon
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojoriah Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:22 pm

I see. Is it very big?

Jojoriah
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaconator6 Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:02 am

Hope this doesn't make you upset or mad at me. But I don't go to church. I do, do Christmas though. Sometimes on Christmas eve we go to the church and watch them do the birth of Jesus play.
Does anybody on the forum not do Christmas?
Jaconator6
Jaconator6
Human

Location : In Australia the rest of the information is CLASSIFIED

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojoriah Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:58 pm

Jaconator6 wrote:Hope this doesn't make you upset or mad at me. But I don't go to church. I do, do Christmas though. Sometimes on Christmas eve we go to the church and watch them do the birth of Jesus play.

Lol, of course I'm not mad at you! But I am still curious as to why. And yes my family celebrates Christmas, and we do go to a service for Christmas.

Jojoriah
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendon Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:03 pm

Jaconator6 wrote:Hope this doesn't make you upset or mad at me. But I don't go to church. I do, do Christmas though. Sometimes on Christmas eve we go to the church and watch them do the birth of Jesus play.

Why would we be mad? I don't make a habit of judging people... Smile No worries!
Yep I celebrate Christmas as well!! And in fact I am going to an awesome Christmas concert tomorrow which should be spectacular! Very Happy

Oh and yes that church I play at is huge!
Brendon
Brendon
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojoriah Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:03 am

Well as for judging people.....I always want to be absolutely sure that I am not holding one standard for others and a lower standard for myself. But yeah if a pastor is unfaithful to his wife I am gonna condemn (a.k.a judge) his action. But I want to be willing and able to help him work through that sin.....after he has been disciplined. Know what I mean?

Jojoriah
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendon Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Lol "condemn" sounds awful, I think "make note of" or something else would be more appropriate, and give proper punishment obviously. And yes it is VERY essential to not "banish" someone just outright. It is important to help.
Brendon
Brendon
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojoriah Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:31 pm

Well...."make note of" doesn't seem to really convey to him (the unfaithful pastor) that what he did was REALLY WRONG. Does anyone here who attends church know or believe in Church Discipline?

Jojoriah
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendon Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:19 pm

Lol I know I just think "condemn" sounds a bit harsh!
Brendon
Brendon
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojoriah Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:31 pm

What word would you use instead?

Jojoriah
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendon Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:23 pm

"Reprimand", "Reprove", "Censure"
Take your pick! lol
Brendon
Brendon
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojoriah Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:34 pm

I like "reprimand" Lol, actually, "Censure" sounded harsh to me

Jojoriah
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendon Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:28 am

Good choice! Mmm I suppose so.
Brendon
Brendon
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum