The Funny LOTR Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which do you like better? The movie trilogy or Tolkien's written epic?

4 posters

Go down

Which do you like better?  The movie trilogy or Tolkien's written epic? Empty Which do you like better? The movie trilogy or Tolkien's written epic?

Post by Jojoriah Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:01 pm

So I thought I would see what you all think about the movie vs. book. There is a LOT of controversy of this topic in some forums that I have seen. Hopefully we are more civilized than that Very Happy

Jojoriah
Troll

Back to top Go down

Which do you like better?  The movie trilogy or Tolkien's written epic? Empty Re: Which do you like better? The movie trilogy or Tolkien's written epic?

Post by Matt Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:18 pm

Both. lol

Matt
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Which do you like better?  The movie trilogy or Tolkien's written epic? Empty Re: Which do you like better? The movie trilogy or Tolkien's written epic?

Post by Brendon Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:07 pm

Oh I like both! I really enjoyed reading the books, but the movies provide exquisite visuals! So in my book, (yep, PUN lol), I don't think either one is better than the other, cuz they are different. Very Happy (Sound logic I must say) haha.
Brendon
Brendon
Wizard Administrator

https://thefunnylotrpodcast.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojoriah Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:29 pm

For detail and depth....go to the book

For visual paradise and stimulation....totally the movie

Jojoriah
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:00 pm

Definitely a wonderfully engrossing book; one of the best books I've ever read or will ever read.

I agree with you, Jojoriah (and Brendon! ehe!), about the movie. I especially LOVE the musical score by Mr. Shore! So beautiful.

Matt
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendon Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:48 pm

Ohh I definitely agree with you on that Matt! The score is AMAZING! Wonderfully crafted. Haha.
Brendon
Brendon
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojoriah Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:16 pm

I have the score....pretty awesome! So of the three seperate books/movies...which is your favorite? The Fellowship, Two Towers, or the Return of the King.

Jojoriah
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendon Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:28 am

I really like the Fellowship. It's probably my favorite!
Brendon
Brendon
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaconator6 Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:11 pm

I like both, movies and books. Except they did miss out on a lot of stuff in the movie like Tom Bombadil and a couple more things but it was still really good.
I think the Fellowship is my fav as well.
Jaconator6
Jaconator6
Human

Location : In Australia the rest of the information is CLASSIFIED

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:52 pm

Tom Bombadil!!! I wished he were in the movies as well, such an awesome character lol
hmmm, I can't remember which was my favorite book... a good excuse to read them all again! Wink

Matt
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendon Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Oh my goodness that was like the best part of the book! Tommy Bombadil! Amazing! Lame of them not to feature him in the movie..
Brendon
Brendon
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:03 pm

...but then again, we haven't included him either...

Matt
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendon Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:11 pm

Ohh my goodness we're jerks!! Haha. Well we should have thought about that, it never crossed my mind unfortunately.
Brendon
Brendon
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaconator6 Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:24 pm

Thats ok.
Jaconator6
Jaconator6
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:28 pm

hmmm, perhaps ol' Bombadil should show up at some point! haha That'd be interesting.

Matt
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendon Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:32 pm

I think you're on to something Matt! Lol that would be funny. Very Happy
Brendon
Brendon
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaconator6 Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:26 am

Yes that would!
Then make like Aragorn say something like: "Your meant to be here ages ago, Deed" or something
That would be funny.
Good idea Matt!
Jaconator6
Jaconator6
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendon Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Yeah! We ought to ponder that a little more! Very Happy
Brendon
Brendon
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaconator6 Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:41 pm

Totally.
I'm a Dwarf now!
Jaconator6
Jaconator6
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendon Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:48 pm

Yippeedoodle!
Brendon
Brendon
Wizard Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down